Friday 6 April 2012


This Topshop tassel bag charms are such a simple way of brightening up a plain bag and are just gorgeous. I have a tan bag I love but would be even better with a bit of colour, so I've done a little DIY on how to make you're own.

All you need is 3m of leather cord, although this would also look good with maybe a suede or any other similar cord, a glue gun and a charm clip. I used a glue gun to secure the cord around the top of the tassel  but you could also tie it and secure it with a few stitches. 


Cut the cord in half and half again until each bit of cord is twice the length you want the tassel (about 18cm). So when you fold it in half to secure it its the right length.


Thread a few of the cords ( or all but one of them if you have a large clip) through the bottom of the clip.


Then tie the remaining piece of cord around the rest close to the clip in the middle.


 Put glue around the top of the tassel and wrap the knotted piece of cord over the glue around the tassel. I was a bit messy with mine but the glue can be easily peeled off once its dry.



1 comment:

  1. I really love this!!! what a great idea, and I'm loving your blog too so you have a new fan at bloglovin :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog, xoxo Julieta
    www.vjuliet.com

    ReplyDelete